Many of you may know him as Finn from Star Wars: The Force Awakens – but who is John Boyega?
Here are 10 things you may not have know about the British actor…
1. John Boyega was born in Peckham to Nigerian parents.
2. Boyega’s father was a preacher and he wanted his son to follow in his footsteps, but they came at a compromise and when John promised he’d stay out of trouble, his father was on board with his dream of becoming an.
3. His first role was age five and he played a leopard.
4. Boyega’s first audition for Star Wars did not go so well, but his second audition with the director, JJ Abrams was a blast and brought him a step closer to landing the role.
5. The audition process for Star Wars lasted around 7 months.
6. He didn’t tell anyone that he was even auditioning for Star Wars until he received the news that he got the part, but when he finally told his parents, they had no idea what Star Wars even was.
7. When John first read the script for Star Wars he cried but not because he had an emotional part, it was because he realised what an awesome part he was about to play.
8. Boyega has formed an extremely close relationship with Iron Man, on not the Iron Man himself but Robert Downey Jr., and he is proud to call him his mentor.
9. His agent told him to aspire to someone like Denzel Washington, and although they were talking about his career, we can’t help but ignore the resemblance in their appearance.